Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Day 1 done, Doing well !!

Jake is alert and happy even though he knew he was going to the dr for his first treatment today (see car ride photo above). He didn't even give me a hard time when I couldn't feed him in the morning - I told him the dr said no food before your appt today and he seemed to totally understand. He is such a trooper. If this were me I'd say screw it I'm gonna eat ice cream and chocolate 24/7 and no one would be able to stop me.

We were so nervous about today's first radiation treatment that we messed up the time were supposed to arrive :(  We were so happy that they let us sit with him during his pre treatment medication time and immediately after coming out of the rad treatment we were able to sit with him through recovery! None of us were happy we had to be going through this but so relieved we could all be together throughout it. :)

No bad reactions to the anesthesia this time and we were able to be home by 2pm and he was able to rest. He has his little iv port in for the 3 days of treatment and we have to flush it every 6 hours. Apparently he has bad veins (who knew?) and it's better to keep it in rather than stick him 3 separate times. I don't mind, the littlest things that we can do for him now mean so much more.

He's home resting, looks great so far! 1 down, 2 more to go !!

jake getting pre treatment meds on radiation day 1




No comments:

Post a Comment